Thursday, September 25, 2008

Last few days

Tuesday was another bad day. Troy really had a lot of ringing in his ears and really didn't even want us around because it's pretty hard to stop a 4 year old and 14 month old from making noise. He went to Dr. Goldsweig's and he loaded him up with fluids. He wasn't surprised that he was dehydrated because he said that everyone on that regimen of chemo has to be hydrated. He also had neulasta injected into him in order to increase his white blood cells since they were destroyed with the chemo treatment. Troy had to hang around in the chemo room and Donna stayed with him and drove him home afterward. Wednesday was a better day because Troy felt like eating as soon as he woke up. We went to the Waffle House. For those of you up North, there is a Waffle House about every 10 feet here in Georgia and it is Troy's favorite place to eat and my least favorite because it is the most fattening food I have ever tasted for breakfast. If it doesn't have grease or fat in it, you will not find it on the menu at the Waffle House. Oh, excuse me, they do have coffee, juice, and milk. Anyway, I was all for it because he can get about 1000 calories in him in one sitting. He had his ears evaluated in the afternoon by Dr. Riley and everything seems to be fine, but they are going to keep evaluating the situation to make sure that the Cisplatin isn't causing any damage to his hearing. Troy has been a little testy lately - actually a lot testy - but I can't blame him. He has a lot of changes going on with his body right now. Today he had his medications changed for sleep and anxiety because he is not getting real good sleep. I am actually going to sleep on the couch tonight so he can hopefully get a really good night's sleep. Gus, if you read this, I'm really sorry that Troy or I haven't gotten back to you. The days have been real busy with the kids. We have a busy day planned tomorrow as well, but I will try and get Troy to call you or I will call you myself. He has been real grumpy the last few days and has barely wanted to talk to us! He has been avoiding the phone (and like I said before, us/the kids) because it bothers his ears. Ryan was being real whiny this morning and you would have thought that cannon balls were hitting the house the way he was carrying on!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey,
Hang in there. You're doing a great job with handling everything and still managing to blog and keep us all updated.
Im here if you need anything. :-)
Hugs and kisses to all!

Sammi

Unknown said...

Dear Troy,
Your Aunt Pam is a friend of mine. I wanted to take a moment to let you know that I am praying for you. I pray the Lord will be your strength and comfort as you walk through this time. Jeremiah 32:27
Love, Cam :)

Anonymous said...

Troy and Terry,

I know it's a tough time but really happy to hear the latest prognosis. Hang in there and we're all thinking of you.

Your old State Farm buddies..Tom Kernan and staff