Saturday, September 13, 2008

Angels

We received news the other day that the Mayo Clinic is in agreement with our doctor's findings. Troy will begin his chemo treatment this Thursday. He hates his feeding tube. He obviously doesn't have to use it at this point, but just having the tube out of his belly is driving him crazy. Donna is here now. She has been here since Tuesday. Some of the pressure with the kids has been alleviated. Derek has been having 4 year old moments here and there which contributes to my 40 year old moments and Ryan seems to cry when Derek is upset, so at times I feel like I will have a mental breakdown or anxiety attack, but so far I haven't completely lost it. Troy is just trying to stay even keeled and is doing a pretty good job of it. One doctor wants him to eat 2000-2300 calories per day and the other doctor doesn't want him to stuff himself for the next couple of weeks, so we have to deal with that conflict of wanting to fatten Troy up and at the same time not wanting him to be sick from his surgery. We live and breathe questions about his cancer and wonder if we are making the right decisions (probably me much more than Troy). I guess this is all supposed to be "normal". Anyway, everyone is sleeping, but all I do is worry but try and stay positive. At least Troy is getting rest like he should and that makes me happy. We are actually meeting with a couple (Hal & Marcy Mendel) today who have been through this same type of cancer over the past year or so. It's a long story how me met, but it was completely by accident. God just throws you angels sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, I wish I was there, I am sick of our dogs barking. I'd like to, well, I can't say what I would like to do to them:) I was thinking of you all and decided to type a quick message. Love ya, T