Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Heading to Round 2

Tomorrow Troy will be getting his 2nd round of chemo. He went to the oncologist's office on Monday and his blood samples tested very normal. He didn't need any additives or anything. He is starting to lose his hair, but he has decided to shave it down to his scalp and looks rather handsome bald. Troy's weight is 4-5 pounds above normal and he is in fairly good spirits, but as you can imagine, he is not looking forward to tomorrow. Donna, the kids and I went to the Atlanta Zoo today in the rain. We had our umbrellas and raincoats and we were only one of about 4 groups at the zoo. There are 3 new cubs (4 months old) at the zoo and we all got a kick out of them - especially Ryan. We were under cover watching them through the glass so the trip was eventful despite the bad weather. We need rain here. It's been dry for a while in Georgia. Troy had a nice day to himself and was able to work in peace. I just asked him if he had a good day while we were gone and his reply was, "Very good!" I know we are really loved and missed when we aren't here!!! We will let you know how tomorrow goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey,
I'm glad to hear that all seems to be going fairly well for Troy. I pray for you all often!! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the end of the month! Call me if you need anything!

Love you lots!!!!
Sammi

Mimi said...

ooo the zoo in the rain... how fun!

And then you come home and see my kids outside playing in it!

Glad to hear he's handling thing.