Monday, December 1, 2008

1 down 34 to go!

Troy saw Dr. Riley today and he looked down his throat again and still cannot see anything. He said that everything looked normal in his throat. Troy will continue to see Dr. Riley (he's the ENT/neck surgeon) once a month to have his throat looked at. After his office, we went to the radiation center and he received his first radiation treatment and it was really fast! I'm happy for this because I think it will make his treatments seem to go by faster. He is doing well right now. His only symptom is that he has a rash that is a common side effect of the Erbitux. His hair is starting to grow back slowly. We go to Dr. Goldseig's tomorrow for his weekly dose of Erbitux and he has his second dose of radiation next door at the radiation center.

I brought Jennifer to the airport yesterday and she is back in Arizona. Thanks for helping us out, Jen!! It has been so nice to have friends and family here. Although we will be happy to have our lives back to normal, the love and support that we have received is very heartwarming. I went to Lowe's today with Grandpa and Derek and we picked out the Christmas tree. The branches are settling tonight and we will start decorating tomorrow. I told Troy that even if he has to sit on the couch with a blanket and food being dripped into him, that we were going to have a great Christmas together. I'm feeling the same Christmas stress that I feel every year. If Ang and Donna weren't here for us, I might lose my mind, but we are managing just fine and people have been so wonderful. The gifts that we have been given are just such wonderful blessings. Thank you so very much to everyone.

No comments: