Friday, February 27, 2009

SUPER, GREAT, EXTRA HAPPY NEWS

Troy got his results today and the MRI findings were clean. The doctor classified Troy back into remission and we can breathe again! The doctor's orders were this: Troy has been mandated to take a vacation somewhere where they deliver drinks to us on the beach. We are looking into that and hope to make plans very soon. Although Disneyworld will be a nice break, it still won't be the same as some tropic island somewhere in paradise.

We are so happy I can't even express it. Troy has another MRI ordered on April 3rd and follow-up with the doctor on April 10th. He has a follow-up on March 6th with Dr. Riley, the ENT. He has another follow-up with Dr. Allen, the radiation oncologist on March 18th. I will probably update this blog on a bi-monthly basis while he is just going for follow-ups. And come April, I hope to update this on a quarterly basis if all stays well (which we intend it to!!). Other than that, I hope to change the title to this blog to: The Brooks Family and only have pictures of the kids posted and keep you updated on how Derek is doing with school and how he and Ryan are growing and how we are doing with life and not cancer!!

Thanks to all of you who have supported us so tremendously. And.... a very heartfelt and SPECIAL thanks to Dr. Goldsweig and his staff (especially Karen, Candice, and Ginger). They gave the best hugs this week when we so desperately needed them. They hugged when we were upset after the results on Tuesday and they hugged when we rejoiced over the wonderful news today. Also, Susan pushed Troy's MRI through quickly so we wouldn't have to wonder and agonize over the weekend. And Marian, our neighbor, cried with us over the great news after watching our kids for 3 1/2 hours while we were gone and she brought over an awesome pot roast so I wouldn't have to worry about cooking. It was so tasty, Marian! Dr. Riley and Dr. Allen were so wonderful in getting right back to us on Tuesday with their thoughts when we were so upset thinking something else could be wrong. And our families and other friends and colleagues just listened to us when we needed them to or read our blog and commented that they were thinking of us - and that was more than enough. Troy's parents gave up their lives to stay with us from August-January. And Brian Hill, the founder of the Oral Cancer Foundation, who doesn't even know us personally, but has taken the time to answer our questions and open his cell phone line to us, we thank you. I've thanked so many people before, but you can't know how much we truly appreciate everyone who has been beside us in one way or another during this extremely difficult time. We have even seen kindness from strangers who didn't know us at all. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts and God bless you all.

And, Troy, thank you for my birthday present. You said you didn't know if you could give me what I wanted. I knew you'd come through. I love you so very much.

4 comments:

McMel said...

Dave & I are so excited for you guys!!! Wonderful news!!

Mimi said...

Terry, that is fantastic news! I'm still so happy for you! I will cry, celebrate and watch your kids anytime!

I will continue to keep you all in my prayers and you know if you need anything, I'm right across the street!

Anonymous said...

i am so happy i could cry
love to all

Anonymous said...

This is such an awesome post!!! Im so very happy for you all!!! My love and hugs and kisses to The Brooks family! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!!!

PS...I hope both you and Troy do take a special vacation to a tropical island getaway soon. You both deserve some R&R and some frosty beverages!! Ya know the kind with the little umbrellas in it!! :-)

XO,
Samantha Fox