Friday, November 7, 2008

Yesterday & Today

We went to the radiation center at Wellstar Cobb yesterday and the doctor did say it will be 30-35 treatments that Troy will receive (6-7 weeks). He stuck his fingers down Troy's throat and agreed that he could not feel a thing and that even the lining of his throat felt soft and there was no hardness at all that he could feel which is a good thing. He was fitted for his radiation mask and quite honestly it was a somber day for Troy because it just brought to light what he is going to endure in the weeks ahead. He is scheduled to start the radiation on November 20th. We were up bright and early this morning to get his PET scan and I guess we will know more for you on Thursday when we meet with Dr. Goldsweig. Troy is in better spirits today. Hopefully we can keep him that way (or the anti-anxiety drugs can!) and we can enjoy the beautiful Fall Georgia weather that is sticking around. Thank you to Amy Phillips and Kathy Marks from Legacy Park (our development) who have organized more meals for us. Kathy brought over lasagna tonight that was delicious and there are many more meals headed our way from what I saw on the Evite. We can't say enough how many people have touched our hearts with their generosity and kind souls. Thank you very, very much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terry and Troy,
You visited my mom's blog in late August (www.prayforsharon.com). I apologize for taking so long to reply. I've been kind of bad and updating the site. It got harder to update as time went on.

First, let me say that my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. This disease does not discriminate and it is brutal.

You have the BEST earthly care you can ask for in Dr. Goldsweig and his team.

I know the heartache you feel. And, Troy, I know from watching my mom, the anxiety and fear you live with. Only you truly experience and endure the pain of the cure. It is an impossibly difficult journey to fight. I thanked my mom over and over and over for fighting and enduring what no one should have to endure. And, your sweet children will thank you for fighting for them.

I pray you see them graduate, and marry and make you a grandfather someday. The fight will be worth it. The anti-anxiety medicine is good. It helps. But, your will and determination is what Dr. G needs to be able to do what he needs to do in order to fight this evil disease. Unfortunately, he has to fight evil with evil.

Terry, I pray for your strength and faith. You have a job that is cruel and unfair. And, no spouse should have to feel so helpless. But, you are critical to Troy's recovery. My dad was my mom's inspiration. And, he never failed her.

God bless you all. Believe. Fight. And, focus on the outcome, not the cure.

My mom is still fighting. Please visit her site for an update. It is miraculous. I hope it provides you inspiration. www.prayforsharon.com


All my love.
Amanda
Holsclaw Family

Mimi said...

Good news about not feeling anything.

Sorry he has to go through so many radiation treatments.

I'm just here across the street if you need anything!

LMO said...

Troy and Terry,
Just wanted you to know that I am still checking in on you -- please know that you are in a lot of prayers. Lean on each other-- this too shall pass.