Friday, August 29, 2008

PET scan completed

We left around 12:30 today and got home around 5:30 from the lab. The PET scan itself lasted about 20 minutes, but Troy had to sit around for an hour or more and wait for the radioactive injection to travel through his body. I took the boys to a nearby park and made the best of a day at the cancer center. Some guy with a metal detector talked my ear off and Derek killed ants while Ryan tried to eat rocks and leaves out of the sand. They had a lot of fun swinging and playing on the slide as well. Anyway, there isn't much to report until we meet with the doctor on Wednesday and he reviews the results with us. Troy is very tired today and I asked him how his pain level was and his reply was "I don't know. It's all starting to feel the same." I guess this will be helpful for any other pain to come. Have a nice holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terry & Troy-

I have been thinking about you guys every day! I love your blog and being able to feel like I am a part of your lives. When my Dad was sick, it was difficult for me to receive phone calls -- and having to rehash his progress over and over again. That is why I have not called. You ARE in my thoughts. I have added Troy's name to our church prayer list... and have added my own prayers as well. Much love to all of you! Cindy (Jim, Katie & Michael!).